A NSW Government website

How to provide information

Address: Level 3, 111 Elizabeth Street, Sydney NSW 2000

The LECC encourages members of the public and public officials to report suspected serious misconduct or serious maladministration involving the NSW Police Force or NSW Crime Commission.

If you have information about suspected serious misconduct, maladministration or corruption and you do not wish to submit a formal complaint, you may share this information with the LECC by submitting an information report.

Be aware that if you submit an information report the LECC WILL NOT contact you unless it is deemed necessary. This means that you will receive no feedback on progress or outcomes relating to the information you supply.

Report serious misconduct or serious maladministration now 

Our secure online form provides an easy and efficient way to report serious misconduct or maladministration.

Provide Information

If you wish to submit a formal complaint please use the LECC online complaint form.

Before making an allegation regarding suspected misconduct or maladministration, understand what matters fall within the LECC’s jurisdiction for investigation or oversight. More details about the definition of serious misconduct and serious maladministration can be found in the Understand what you can report to us section. NSW public officials should also check the protections for public officials under the provisions of the Public Interest Disclosures Act 2022.

Services available to assist you when contacting the LECC

If you are a non-English speaking person, you can seek assistance through the Translating and Interpreter Service (TIS) on 131 450.

If you are deaf, have a hearing impairment or speech impairment, contact us through the National Relay Service (NRS). 

Other reporting methods

If you are unable to complete an online form, please contact the LECC at: 

Post: GPO Box 3880, Sydney NSW 2001

Fax: (02) 9321 6799

For further information please contact (02) 9321 6700.


Magistrates and Judicial Officers may make a complaint to the LECC using the attached form:

NSW Courts Complaint Form


Legal representatives may make a complaint to the LECC using the attached form:

Legal Rep Complaint Form


Frequently asked questions about police complaints



Note: All information reports must be submitted in writing and are not accepted over the phone. If you cannot submit an information report in writing, please contact us for assistance.