A NSW Government website
What happens to your complaint
After you make a complaint, we will assess it to see if it is one we can deal with.
- refer it to the NSW Police Force or NSW Crime Commission
- ask the NSW Police Force or NSW Crime Commission to investigate the complaint, and we’ll then review their final report
- ask for more information or make more inquiries
- do an investigation ourselves
- refer it to another agency
- take no more action
Whatever happens with the complaint, the information we receive helps us to identify wider trends and patterns that can help prevent serious misconduct and serious maladministration in the future.